It’s tax time again! The enclosed 2020 Tax Organizer will assist you in collecting and reporting information necessary for us to properly prepare your 2020 income tax return. If we prepared a 2019 return for you, your
prior year data has been pre-printed to assist you as a guide. Again, please note that filling in the income tax organizer is strictly at your option. However, it may help you organize, collect and summarize your information, and it has been our experience that it helps prevent omissions and allows us to focus attention on your individual requirements. We would ask that you assist us by answering the set of questions, and
verify that we have accurate information on the client and the dependent information pages.
Please provide us with the following information and attach supporting documentation where necessary:
- Copies of all compensation and pension distribution reports – W-2(s), I 099-Misc(s), I 099-R(s), etc.
- Form(s) SSA I 099 for Social Security benefits distributions
- Form(s) I 099 (interest, dividends, etc.) and Form(s) l 099-B from Brokerage Accounts
- Schedule(s) K-1 (income/loss from partnerships, S corporations, etc.)
- Form 1095-A, B, or C Health Insurance Coverage
- Form(s) I 098 (mortgage interest) and real estate property tax statements
- Closing statements pe1taining to real estate transactions (HUD forms)
- Form(s) I 098-E for student loan interest, Form(s) I 098-T for tuition payments
- All information regarding educational expenses and fees, scholarships, books, etc.
- Form(s) I 099-K (Merchant Card and Third Party Network Payments)
- Purchase agreements, leases, and finance paperwork for all capital equipment and vehicle acquisitions
- All other relevant supporting documents (schedules, checkbook registers, medical, charitable, etc.)
- Any tax notices received from the IRS or other taxing authorities
After gathering your tax documents, call the office or e-mail us to arrange for an appointment. We will be accepting appointment dates beginning Monday, February 1, 2021. Please bring all of your documentation,
the engagement letter, and this organizer package along with you even if you choose not to fill in any information. In order to expedite the completion of your return by the April 15th filing deadline, plan to
supply all information to us by Friday, March 26, 2021.
Thanks very much in advance for your business and we look forward to serving you. Please feel free to call or e-mail if any questions should arise or if you need further assistance.
Roger E. Coyner
Certified Public Accountant